Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lorens and Punky

Our cat is crazy. I was really nervous to keep her around with a baby coming. She hasn't had a fabulous track record with small children...older children/teenagers/adults/old people/us. :) Which is why we decided to wait until Lorens can defend himself to really introduce the two of them. We've done a decent job of keeping them away from each other so far. Punky has done better than we initially thought. She's just been really curious about the kicking feet under the blankets and the jerky hand movements. Before she tries to investigate further we usually swoop in and take him away or make her run away. Basically though, I have little to no love left for this cat. You could say I hate her. All I ever do is yell at her through clenched teeth. You would too if you had a cat who was constantly torturing you for attention. Her latest game she plays is "tag." She hides under our tables and waits as you walk by...lets you get to the other side of the room... and then bursts out, runs towards you at full-speed, and then jumps up and swats your legs. It happens so fast that all you hear is galloping and then you get swapped from behind. It makes me scream every time. It's funny the first couple times, then it just gets IRRITATING. The only reason we still have her is because Josh still loves her. He gets a little sad everytime I mention getting rid of her. I'm slowly wearing him down though I think. So, I was watching all our lo lo videos this past week and came across this gem. Before you watch...I give a disclaimer. My house is very messy in the video. Normally I can't function with the messiness, but for those who think my house is always clean because you only come over when we have company...this is real life with a little baby. Actually, this is from a couple months ago when we were in the process of disassembling a bunch of our baby stuff that we didn't need up anymore, so it was all over our living room. Which gave someone in our family the perfect place to hide and stalk lo lo. It just took us a while to figure this out. We think its pretty funny...and if you know our cat you probably will too.




Anyone want a cat? haha.
~mb

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandsons we will take but cats are a NO. We need to come and visit soon. Miss you guys!

Julie said...

Haha, you knew i'd laugh at this i'm sure. i got mad at punky just reading your blog, i don't even have to see her. i found punky fur on one of my shirts the other day and i was like, "AH PUNKY!"
anyway, this is hilarious. also, i see elmo made a brief cameo in this film.

jimkastkeat said...

Want to trade? Frally for Punky?

Jen said...

ha! so cute! so I have a solution for you...we have 2 cats that I am feeling the exact same way about so maybe we can bring you our cats and then punky will have a play group and not bother Lorens any more!!! :) I'm sure your going to take me up on this offer right!!! ha,ha

Unknown said...

My favorite part of this video is hearing you yell at Punky through clenched teeth!!! So hilarious!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dunbarsofgi said...

I'll be more careful next time we visit to look out for your 'stalker' cat. We'll bring Max...

Anonymous said...

Seriously Hilarious.

Brother

Chaeli said...

hahah, I love it. It makes me miss my maggie!!!!