Monday, March 16, 2009

Inspired...

I love to decorate. I've been told by numerous people that I should be an interior decorator. It's flattering, but I would be no good going to someone else's house and decorating it for them...it would probably turn out just like mine. My style totally reflects my personality, my passions, my sentiments... Usually when decorating a room, I'm the type who has one object that I start with, and build the room around it...a lamp, a picture, a pillow, etc... I decorate with gusto. Lots of bold colors, patterns, I don't like matchy-matchy. It takes me forever to completely finish a room. We like to create our own paintings to personalize a room and make it "ours". I rearrange and add touches here and there untill I can sit in the middle and decide its "done" its "me" its "us". So all this to say I've been completely uninspired to decorate our bedroom. Last year at this time, I got sick of the red walls and decided to repaint it a light/sunny yellow color. We put up a couple wardrobes, and hung a few pictures, but we keep saying...it's just not us.
Saturday night, I came home from a "girls night out", and walked into our bedroom to find the most beautiful comforter on our bed. My husband is the greatest.
Here's our old comforter...(shabby chic)

Here's our new comforter...i love it! You can't tell from the picture really, but there are birds and flowers stitched in a different fabric on the orange branches. I'm already inspired to finish our bedroom...

And, whats a post without some pictures of little lo lo?
We got to visit the Ackermans and their new baby Brennan a few weeks ago. What an adorable little baby boy! Jon and Chaeli will be great parents.


~mb

1 comment:

The VanderPloeg's said...

Love Love Love the conforter! Nice work Josh. I am more than impressed.

We are so in love with Lo Lo over here - finally - right??? So glad we are over the hump!

Jo