Monday, April 27, 2009

fini

ok...I've lost interest in my "parts" post. I realized I just don't have enough time to do that many posts... So here goes the part I really wanted to get to. At the beginning of April, Josh and I were reminiscing about being in Paris a year ago. I wanted to do a little post about it because I don't think I posted much about it when we came back. The reason why I didn't was because of the morning sickness. There were quite a few smells and things that made me really nauseous in Paris and just looking at our pictures when we came back would remind me of the things that made me sick....so I just couldn't do it. (I still have a pair of shoes that I wore everywear wrapped up in a plastic bag because just looking at them would make me want to puke...haha). Josh and I just recently opened up a bottle of wine (1 of a few that we brought back with us) and went through all of our pictures for the first time. It was so much fun. We literally fit in every possible thing we could in the 2 wks we were there. Here are a few pictures of a couple of the places we visited...
This is in Montmarte (my favorite part of Paris) where Sacre Coure and Moulin Rouge are located...
















































from the top of sacre coure...












josh at Notre Dame













us being silly at the eiffel tower...


































the tower at night when it's all lit up...gorgeous! everyone cheers as soon as the sparkles come :)












the coolest cemetary ever...pere lachaise...we did the touristy jim morrison thing there












the louvre...












and since we were expecting little lo...we bought a 6 mo. onesie for him to wear one year later :)












A highlight of our trip was that we were there when the olympic torch runner ran through Paris...the runner and whole parade and exactly 1 million police cars with the european sirens went right by us after we came out of our 6 hour HIKE through the Louvre. It was pretty awesome! We can't wait to go back someday.

~mb

1 comment:

Brandi @ This Crazy Circus Life said...

Lo is so stinkin' cute! We can't wait to have you guys over Saturday! :)