Wednesday, August 22, 2007

coming back?

I admit, I was a little surprised when all the 80's stuff started coming back. Who would've ever thought that we'd be bringing high-waisted pants back with big thick belts, or side pony tails? Some of it is a little extreme, but a lot of it grew on me to where I actually walk by a big flashy purse covered in buckles and gathers, and I think, "OOoo, cool purse!" It's the new 80's...it's cool...i like it...i wear it.

New 80's started to make me think...oh dear lord...does this mean 90's is next? Who enjoyed the style of the 90's? If you are thinking, "sheeyah, i would kill to pull out my flannel shirt and straight legged jeans with army boots, that i saved just in case" then this post is dedicated to you. So...I'm walking in the mall a few weekends ago, just browsing...doing a little people watching...when out of the corner of my eye I see her. Stripped UnionBay shirt (the red colors one), shorts overalls...with ONLY one shoulder strap buckled...the other just hanging...like only it should, white cuffed socks, black Birkenstock style knock-off sandals, and a thin layer of bangs curled under just so. Did I paint a picture for you or what? I seriously had to turn around to make sure we weren't on camera. You CANNOT get much more 90's than that. If that style ever comes back and I walk by a store and say, "OOoo, if only I could pull off that sock and flip flop combo again like back in the day...well, it was cool once..." slap me. I give you full permission.

mb

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey josh & michelle! love the new site - much more apt to comment on blogspot, too ;-)

Julie said...

haha oh geez. you bring up an excellent point. i've tried so hard to resist the 80s fashions. i think in some ways i've been quite sucessful, but then again, i did find a way to incorporate bangs back into my hairstyle. i am fearful of the 90s coming back. i'm pretty sure i'll move to another country before I wear a flannel shirt. lord have mercy on us all.

Julie said...

hi. i'm just wondering if you watched the video on my blog from 9.5.07. its my friend alex doing a commercial for sears. i think its funny and your blog reminds me of it. cheeeeeck it out.